This website is operated by Manhearted. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Manhearted. Manhearted offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies, and notices stated here.
Last Modified: 01-04-2021
By visiting our site and/or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change, or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is partially hosted by Shopify Inc. We also feature amazon.com products. These firms provide us with an online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 1 - TERMINATION WITHOUT WARNING
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
SECTION 2 - GENERAL CONDITIONS AND CODE OF CONDUCT
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. Don't be an asshole.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
General rules of conduct for participation in the Manhearted™ Forum, Community, Members Area, Comments Sections, and other venues, virtual or otherwise, governed by the Manhearted™ terms of service include but are not limited to:
- The overall rule is don't be an asshole. In other words, more precisely, don't BEHAVE like an asshole. Most people intuitively understand what asshole behavior is. We're not limiting that designation or this prohibition to merely a didactic definition of assholery. If you think you might be engaging in asshole behavior, you probably are. If the consensus of the community is that you're being an asshole, you probably are. Most of the ways a person could be an asshole on the internet are related to how they handle differences of opinion, disagreement, and debate. We'll spell out some of those rules in detail with unfortunate hypothetical examples:
- Treat people with respect. Disagree with respect. It's fine to disagree with someone, even strongly. Our advice is to start with the phrase, "I disagree." It tends to set the dial on your tone in the right place. You know what respect is. You don't get your own personal definition of it, either. Respect is a shared cultural consensus that precludes calling an individual a name (with the exception of a public figure), attacking a person's right to exist, or labeling every member of some class with a derogatory marker. For example, it's one thing to say the Jets are a team for guys who find losing comforting because it means they don't have to try. No problem. A lot of Jets fans will admit that the same way a lot of Patriots fans will admit their team is full of assholes but point out the people calling them that are just jealous because the Patriots win so much and they don't. Again, no problem. That's a reasonable argument.
- Don't call people nasty names if they're not public figures. And even then... don't call people inflammatory names that suggest some kinds of people shouldn't exist. There's a difference between saying (on the one hand) "I think men who criticize football as too violent are wusses." or "That kind of thing is wussy." or "I think Lindsey Graham is a wuss. No one kisses up that much." and (on the other hand) "I think you, Larry in the forum, are a freaking wuss." or "Linsey is a cuck and his spouse is a bitch." The latter two comments are going to get you warned for a TOS violation.
- Don't engage in negative applications of inflammatory slurs. Examples include: "bitch", "queer", and insulting ethnic slurs. Respectful use MAY be fine. You ought to know the difference. E.g. Saying "Jurassic World actor Justice Smith came out as queer", is both accurate and a direct quote from major news sources. Facts are fine. Saying Keiran McGeeney is a "tough old mick" (a line borrowed here from the film Gettysburg as applied to "Buster", a character played by the late, great Kevin Conway (God keep him) is likely not derogatory unless you say it with subtext and context that makes it clear you regard Irishmen as lower life forms. In which case, f*ck off—and you can't drink our whiskey or beer anymore. Even on Paddy's Day. But we're not going to give people sh*t over whether they say Paddy's Day or Patty's Day. Both are reasonable, by the way. The name is Pádraig. So, making too big a deal out of a non-issue is also a form of assholery.
- Don't make each of your preferences your identity. That's the culture that generated our polarized public discussion, and both of the fringe sides are guilty as sin. If someone prefers a different flavor of something, you can say you don't like the flavor—you have that right; you can make fun of the flavor or even tease someone about it (within reason), if it's NOT a protected class which the law, therefore, considers a designated identity. We're going to uphold the law; if you don't like it, vote to change it. But meanwhile, this is the train you're on if you want to live in a society and not some shack with no running water. Nobody is required to like pistachio if you don't like pistachio. But you can't, for example, a) declare that anyone who likes that flavor should die in a fiery crash or b) demand that everyone like YOUR flavor and throw a tantrum when they don't. That's being an asshole. You know the rules. This list is just a commentary upon them.
- Don't make threats, ever, obviously. That's the short version. The long version is: we shouldn't have to say everything. This list isn't meant to comprise every conceivable human interaction or situation. Threats are illegal, and they're also unmanly. But because there's a tendency on the internet, in some venues more than others, to make subtle threats and then play it off (like cowards) as though it was a joke, we will say that if you're such a sorry excuse for a man, such a fragile wonder that you have to threaten harm to people because they disagree with you, even strongly, then you lack sufficient manhood (and adulthood) to be a part of Manhearted™ or to participate in the discussions its community undertakes. Piss off. We don't need wannabe-men with such a deficit of personality that they desire to be feared and are only capable of managing differences by theoretically or actually hurting and destroying anyone who isn't as frail as they are.
- If you have a theory, back it with facts and analysis. Don't be Dale Gribble. Put your money where your mouth is. If you're posting some theory about how lizard-like aliens are controlling weather from their arctic lair, we're going to suggest you get counseling—maybe take a couple of months and make ashtrays out of popsicle sticks—unless you've got a) multiple reliable news sources (which are not merely OTHER editorials or some blog run by a guy selling you end of the world kits). And even if a news source has three letters in its name, its own sources and methods of news need to hold up to basic fact-checking. Just because someone gets paid to rant on the air for a news channel, doesn't mean it's news. b) you've got peer-vetted research that isn't from some guy calling himself a physicist when in fact he's just a guy selling self-published books that string together a lot of textbook words to impress the rubes. There's always some "scientist" who's "working with the government" and has "definitive proof of" alien lizard people in the arctic. Save the crazy stuff for a LARP; it's divisive and dumb.
SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete, or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 - PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (if applicable)
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region, or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 6 - ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers, and expiration dates so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
SECTION 7 - OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations, or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products, and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 9 - USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK, AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality, or other personal or proprietary rights. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
You agree to hold harmless Manhearted and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and employees, harmless with regard to any comment(s), remarks, post(s), opinions, propositions of truth, erroneous statements of fact, or other communications made by any commenter, author, participant, or community member in any venue hosted by Manhearted. You agree to treat the website content, media broadcasts, social posts, and other content created by or posted by Manhearted or any of its community members, participants, authors, participants, parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and employees as acts of journalism protected under the First Amendment of the US Constitution and also specifically treat the aforementioned parties as contributing to an interactive computer service as protected by Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act passed in 1996 which declares that an interactive computer service can’t be treated as the publisher or speaker of third-party content.
SECTION 10 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 11 - ERRORS, INACCURACIES, AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend, or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 12 - PROHIBITED USES
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 13 - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent, or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Manhearted, our directors, officers, managers, members, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers, or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Manhearted and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any commenter, author, participant, or community member or any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 15 - SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 16 - TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 17 - ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications, and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
SECTION 18 - GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Mexico, United States of America.
SECTION 19 - CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change, or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us via the contact page.